The Associate in Science in Business Administration for Transfer degree provides the student with an introductory foundation of business and prepares a student to transfer to a CSU. The Associate in Science in Business Administration for Transfer program prepares students for a broad range of opportunities in the area of business. The completion of this degree provides preparation for upper division work for students seeking to transfer and pursue a baccalaureate degree in Business from a California State University (CSU). The program offers students a foundation in business operations and management, accounting, economics, mathematics, computer science, and business law.
Upon completion of the appropriate four-year institution degree students will be prepared to enter occupations such as the following: Accountants and Auditors, Business Operations Specialists, Financial Managers, General and Operations Managers, Human Resources Specialists, Labor Relations Specialists, Management Analysts, Market Research Analysts, Marketing Specialists and Sales Managers. This degree is designed to provide a pathway to a CSU major and baccalaureate degree in Business Administration. California Community College students who are awarded an Associate in Science in Business Administration degree are guaranteed admission with junior standing in the CSU system and given priority admission consideration to their local CSU campus or to a program that is deemed similar to their community college major. This priority does not guarantee admission to specific majors or campuses.
Current and prospective community college students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review their options for transfer and to develop an educational plan that best meets their goals and needs.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will have a solid understanding of the legal, ethical, and contemporary business environment.
- Demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of Management Information Systems (MIS) and its terminology.
- Analyze application problems and choose appropriate mathematical models to solve the problems.
- The student will be able to find probability using the normal distribution.
- Students will know how to use economic data sets/formulas in order to interpret and analyze data.
- Analyze a situation, choose mathematical constructs best suited to model the situation and propose an appropriate solution or conclusion.
- Apply commonly used computer application programs to compose relevant business documents.
- Apply accounting and legal concepts and principles in making decisions about business operations.