Feb 22, 2024
The Agriculture Business Associate in Science for Transfer degree provides the student with an introductory foundation in agribusiness and prepares a student for transfer to a CSU campus in Agriculture Business, Agriculture Studies, AgriBusiness, Ag Business and Food Industry Management. The Agriculture Business Associate in Science for Transfer program prepares students for a broad range of opportunities in agribusiness. The completion of this degree provides preparation for upper division course work for students seeking to transfer and pursue a baccalaureate degree in Agriculture Business from a California State University (CSU). The program offers students a foundation in agribusiness operations and management.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic computer applications in career specific contexts related to agri-business such as word processing, spread sheet, and internet.
- Listen actively and communicate clearly and coherently about agri-business concepts.
- Think critically and analytically to solve agri-business problems.
- Use appropriate technology to learn, live, and work in an agri-business setting.
- Demonstrate effective habits of time management, accountability and dependability.
Major Requirements - Core
Complete 10 units
Major Requirements - Restricted Electives
Complete 4 units selected from:
Complete 9 units selected from:
Minimum Major Units Required: 23
Complete all courses with a grade of “C” or better.
Complete one of the following general education patterns:
Students are advised to double-count courses in the major or area of emphasis to also satisfy general education when possible. Course subject credit will be awarded in satisfaction of both major/area of emphasis and lower division general education requirements, but the units will only be counted once in computing the total number of units for the degree.
Minimum Degree Units Required: 60