Feb 27, 2024
The Theatre Arts Associate in Arts for Transfer Degree is designed for students planning to transfer to a California State University (CSU) with a major in Theatre Arts. Upon completion, students will demonstrate the skills, knowledge and training necessary for advanced degree transfer in theatre arts. Students complete a rigorous, disciplined curriculum in acting, theatre history, and theatre production specifically designed to prepare them for advanced study in theatre arts. The program seeks to unlock the student’s intuitive potential in theatre arts, while providing a powerful, yet flexible set of techniques and skills. Additionally, the program will contribute to the student’s development of people management skills, collaboration strategies, and artistic aesthetics.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate the skills required to perform at a proficient level in individual and ensemble acting exercises including: scene study, voice and movement, audition techniques.
- Students will demonstrate the skills required to perform at a proficient level in stagecraft techniques and practices including scenic, lighting, costume and sound design and production.
- Students will demonstrate the skills required to perform at the proficient level in public theatre presentation.
- Students will demonstrate the skills required to perform stage crew duties at the proficient level in public theatre presentation.
- Students will demonstrate a proficient knowledge of theatre history.
Complete one of the following general education patterns:
Students are advised to double-count courses in the major or area of emphasis to also satisfy general education when possible. Course subject credit will be awarded in satisfaction of both major/area of emphasis and lower division general education requirements, but the units will only be counted once in computing the total number of units for the degree.
Major Requirements - Core
Complete 10 units
Major Requirements - Restricted Electives
Complete 3 units selected from:
Complete 6 units selected from:
Minimum Major Units Required: 19
Complete all courses with a grade of “C” or better.
Minimum Degree Units Required: 60