2018-2019 San Joaquin Delta College Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Real Estate Certificate of Achievement
Upon successful completion of the Real Estate Certificate, the student demonstrates skills, knowledge, and training for entry-level positions such as real estate sales associates, property management, real estate appraisal, or assistants in real estate offices. The student demonstrates his or her ability to: perform the essential services necessary for the buyers and sellers of real property thereby providing for the orderly transfer of property such as helping buyers finding property that meets their needs and financial resources; obtain property listings; make preliminary estimates, anticipate prospective buyers’ questions; prepare a purchase agreement; work with title or escrow companies, lenders, home inspectors, and pest control operators to facilitate the completion of the transaction; meet requirements for state licensure as a salesperson or broker. The student who specializes in property management demonstrates skills, knowledge, and training to oversee the day-to-day management of income-producing commercial and residential properties and manage the common property of condominium associations. The student who specializes in real estate appraisal demonstrates the skills, knowledge, and training to compute estimates of value of real property which are required when property is bought, sold, assessed, taxed, condemned, insured, or mortgaged.
NOTE: Please refer to the California Department of Real Estate web site for licensing information. (http://www.dre.ca.gov/)
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge in business, mathematics, accounting, law, construction, and/or computer software.
- Demonstrate knowledge of appraisal and financing options and rules for real estate transactions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of property management principles and regulations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of economic factors affecting real estate transactions and trends.
- Able to explain and complete the forms associated with a real estate transaction.
- Demonstrate knowledge of terms, regulations and practices for Real Estate professionals in California.