Upon successful completion of the Basic Business Certificate program, the student demonstrates the skills, knowledge, and training a foundation of a variety of accepted business practices; principles and concepts; employment in the fields of clerical assistant or administrative clerk, doing mail sorting and distribution, supply room inventories, copy clerk, record keeping.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Program completers will analyze workplace scenarios identifying/debating legal, ethical and socially responsible.
- Program completers will compare and contrast the functions of production, marketing, human resource, accounting, information, and financial management.
- Program completers will assess elements of the global economy such as labor, capital, trade, natural resources, etc. and develop an action plan that describes how they will compete in this environment.
- Program completers will describe the role of competition, government involvement, and culture in a selected country’s economic system.
- Program completers will identify different elements that distinguish capitalism, socialism, communism, and mixed economy.