Upon successful completion of the Automotive Mechanics Technology certificate, the student demonstrates knowledge of the skills necessary to diagnose, service, and perform repairs on cars, SUVs, and light duty trucks. The student demonstrates competence in the following areas: engine repair, automatic transmission/ transaxle, manual drive train and axles, suspension and steering, and brakes. The student can take the five Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) exams in the mentioned areas. The student can pursue career opportunities at dealerships, independent repair shops, specialization shops, and public agencies. This automotive training program is accredited by the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) in association with the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE).
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the high level skills including ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) technician competence for these areas, service managers, shop owners of specialty shops, and major automotive corporation employees. The program is accredited by NATEF (National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation). The program is certified in five ASE areas.
- Diagnose and repair automotive electronic control systems.
- Diagnose and repair automotive suspension systems.
- Diagnose and repair hydraulic systems.
- Diagnose and repair mechanical problems on gasoline and diesel type engines.