Upon successful completion of the Animal Science certificate, the student demonstrates skill, knowledge and training in preparing for employment in animal production and science and certain careers require education and experience beyond the A.A. Degree. Animal science careers for an advanced degree include Production, Science, Agribusiness, Food Industry, and Equine-Related Fields include Dairy Herdsman, Feed-lot Herdsman, Poultry Operations, Meat Grading and Marketing, Feeding and Manufacturing, Animal Boarding, Animal Breeding, Animal Training, Association Representatives, Livestock Publications, Meat Inspections.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective habits of time management.
- Use technology to learn, live and work in an animal science setting.
- Think critically and analytically to solve animal science problems.
- Listen actively and communicate clearly and coherently about animal science concepts.
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic computer applications, in career specific contexts related to animal science.