Mar 03, 2024
The Certificate of Achievement in Digital Media with emphasis in Audio is designed to provide students with knowledge in content creation, editing, and delivery to work in the evolving audio production landscape. Focus starts on building entry-level job skills in audio and video capture, non-linear editing, and delivery. Coursework includes practical, hands-on knowledge in media live and on-demand media environments. Students earning a certificate in Digital Media with emphasis in Audio will explore concepts related to effective content production across various platforms, including broadcast, online, and social media. Students will work in a manner mirroring industry standard, with focus on immediate professional application.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to produce audio content to broadcast and technical standards for a desired target audience.
- Demonstrate proficiency of recording studio techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and apply terminology related to an audio production environment.
- Demonstrate an ability to critically evaluate multiple elements of sound and analyze audio files.
- Upon successful completion of this certificate a student will demonstrate an increased awareness of the skills required for employment in the current digital media landscape.
- Understand the role and value of broadcast media (terrestrial, online, social media) in relation to the dissemination of information and the public’s right to know.
Complete 12 units
Complete 3 units selected from:
Complete 6 units selected from:
Minimum Units Required: 21
Complete all courses with a grade of “C” or better.