Upon successful completion of the Agriculture Business Associate in Science degree, the student demonstrates the skills, knowledge, and training for the following positions: Agricultural Accounting Assistant, Agricultural Administrative Assistant, Agricultural Inventory/Warehouse Technician, Agricultural Sales and Service Technician, Crop Insurance Agent, Customer Service Representative, Farm Insurance Agent, Farm/Ranch Personnel Supervisor, Field Representative, Food Processing Plant Shift Supervisor, Grain Elevator Manager, International Sales and Trade Technician Quality Control Inspector, Public Relations Specialist, Sales Agent, Sales Representative and Wholesale Produce Agent; the ability to: design and implement a record keeping system; design and implement farm accounts; compare and contrast the basis for farm income tax computing; calculate the basic measures of depreciation; construct inventory analysis procedures; operate a microcomputer; develop and use templates to make management decisions; evaluate a variety of software useful to agribusiness applications; identify and design a marketing strategy for a specific agricultural product; chart and interpret market information; analyze marketing reports; and make a sales presentation on a agricultural product; or fulfillment of both the lower division General Education requirements and the lower division Agriculture Business requirements for successful transfer to a university for a baccalaureate degree.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic computer applications in career specific contexts related to agri-business such as word processing, spread sheet, and internet.
- Listen actively and communicate clearly and coherently about agri-business concepts.
- Think critically and analytically to solve agri-business problems.
- Use appropriate technology to learn, live, and work in an agri-business setting.
- Demonstrate effective habits of time management, accountability and dependability.