Upon successful completion of the Accounting Certificate of Achievement, the student demonstrates the skills, knowledge, and training for entry-level positions as a bookkeeper, accounting supervisor, payroll clerk, or accounts payable/receivable clerk; and the skills necessary to complete up-to-date and accurate records of accounts and financial records, reconcile business-related bank statements with checkbooks, calculate employee wages and taxes from time cards, prepare and issue payroll checks, post entries to accounts receivable and payable. Individuals are able to prepare bank deposits, maintain payroll and/or inventory records, prepare purchase orders, review expense reports, and find and correct errors in financial records.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate preparedness for entry into a basic accounting or business environment.
- Apply accounting theory, income measurement and disclosures to corporate financial statements.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of management decision making skills.
- Apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles to transactions relating to corporate entities and debt financing.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the accounting cycle including computations required to prepare basic financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).